January 4, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new on line journal. I have set this up for my family and friends to follow along in my journey.

Today is the 4th day of the New Year and already it seems like it is going to be a very busy year. I spent the night with my Sister, Natalie. Together we created this blog so I can join the rest of the world. I also wanted to create a blog so I can share an important part of a journey I am about to do in my life. I am wanting people to share in my journey in hopes that my life can somehow touch others and help others in their journey.

My name is Kathy. I grew up in a large city with my parents, my brother and two sisters. We moved several times while we were growing up and while it was often difficult I know it "built character" and made me who I am today.

When I was 12 years old my good friend Jill asked me to go to youth camp with her. It was my first experience being away from my family at a camp with nothing but youth. It was a total blast! We slept in old cabins and went hiking on trails. I was a little worried about the wild animals that might get me. The day that I remember most was a beautiful sunny and warm day. One of our counselors pulled me aside and explained the story of Jesus and why he came to the world. She helped me realize that I am part of the world that he died for. She told me how I can ask Jesus in my heart and I remember praying on that sunny day for Jesus to come into my heart and wash me clean from sin. I will never forget the day. I had been born again!

Me, at 6 months old
I was about 5 or 6 years old
My family. I am the oldest child. Steve is my brother, the baby is Denise and then Natalie in front of me.



1 comment:

  1. What a cute baby you were and I remember that pretty blue dress. I told mom I wanted to keep it but she wouldn't.
    Oh, childhood memories.... some sweet and some not so sweet but fun to reminisce. Is that how you spell that???? Oh well sissy, I had lots of fun with you today!! Love You.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete